1. California will limit rent increases under bill signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom. L.A. Times, Oct. 8, 2019.
2. California landlords can’t discriminate against renters with housing vouchers, new law says. Sacramento Bee, Oct. 8, 2019.
3. Will the Supreme Court Strike Down Inclusionary Zoning? CityLab, Oct. 3, 2019.
4. California’s “Housing Crisis Act of 2019” May Boost Housing Production or Just Boost Housing-Related Litigation. The National Law Review, Oct. 12, 2019.
5. Will New Statewide Rent Control Laws Decrease Housing Supply? Urban Institute, Oct. 2, 2019.
Go to this month's top housing stories.
Housing Tools offers cloud-based software systems that help government agencies operate more efficiently. The Compliance Reporting System manages affordability covenants and loan repayments to meet California Health & Safety Code, federal HOME and local inclusionary ordinance requirements. IDIS Tool tracks HUD funding draws and collection of beneficiary data. These systems aim to improve collaboration by organizing your data so that it's easy to access and update.