1. How the government shutdown is hurting some of America's poorest families. NBC News, Jan. 4, 2019
2. As Gavin Newsom becomes governor, how he could shape California’s future—issue by issue. Jan. 6, 2019.
3. Industry Outlook for 2019: Who Will Drop the Ball? Multi-Housing News, Jan. 2, 2019.
4. How Housing Affects Children's Outcomes. How Housing Matters, Jan. 2, 2019.
5. Housing vouchers mostly move families into impoverished neighborhoods, even when better apartments exist elsewhere. Washington Post, Jan. 3, 2019 Go to this month's top housing stories.
Housing Tools offers cloud-based software systems that help government agencies operate more efficiently. The Compliance Reporting System manages affordability covenants and loan repayments to meet California Health & Safety Code, federal HOME and local inclusionary ordinance requirements. IDIS Tool tracks HUD funding draws and collection of beneficiary data. These systems aim to improve collaboration by organizing your data so that it's easy to access and update.